Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein,
the IRC delivers lifesaving care to people fleeing conflict and natural disaster. Year after year, the IRC is one of the highest-ranking nonprofits for accountability, transparency, and efficient use of contributions.
Across 40 countries and in 26 U.S. cities, the IRC is helping to restore safety and dignity to millions forced to flee from war, persecution and natural disaster.
In one year alone, the IRC's lifesaving programs:
- Provided 16 million people with primary and reproductive health care.
- Gave 3.3 million people access to clean drinking water and sanitation.
- Vaccinated 364,000 children; helped 331,000 women deliver babies.
- Cared for 11,000 sexual violence victims; mobilized 1.2 million people to lead prevention efforts in their communities.
- Helped resettle 10,900 newly arrived refugees in the United States; assisted 36,000 refugees, asylees and victims of human trafficking.
The IRC's efficiency maximizes your gift's impact.
More than 90 cents of every dollar we spend worldwide goes directly to help refugees and others in desperate need.