The Syria conflict is in its fifth year—and your support is needed like never before. Half of all Syrians have been forced to flee their homes, and neighboring countries are severely overburdened by the massive influx of refugees.
Your support will help the IRC provide families uprooted by the Syria crisis—and by other humanitarian emergencies around the world—with medical care, clean water, education, women’s protection services and other vital aid. By donating today, you will be supporting the IRC’s full range of programs in nearly 40 countries around the world and 25 U.S. cities.
In one year alone, the IRC's lifesaving programs:
- Provided 16 million people with primary and reproductive health care.
- Gave 3.3 million people access to clean drinking water and sanitation.
- Vaccinated 364,000 children; helped 331,000 women deliver babies.
- Cared for 11,000 sexual violence victims; mobilized 1.2 million people to lead prevention efforts in their communities.
- Helped resettle 10,900 newly arrived refugees in the United States; assisted 36,000 refugees, asylees and victims of human trafficking.
The IRC's efficiency maximizes your gift's impact.
More than 90 cents of every dollar we spend worldwide goes directly to help refugees and others in desperate need.